Community of the Sisters of Bethlehem
The Community of Bethlehem was founded in 1950. The first oratory was established in a stable
in France which called to mind the grotto where the Son of God was born a small infant and where
the Virgin and St. Joseph adored Him and His heavenly Father. This is why the Sisters named their
new monastery Bethlehem. The Sisters choose the Gospel, silence, and solitude as their spiritual
focus. St. Bruno of Cologne is their spiritual father who imparts to them his wisdom of life.
In order to support themselves, the Sisters began creating sculptures that bespeak the sacred
through authentic historic design and symbolism. They use local dolomite stone to cast their
sculptures, jewelry, and famous creches. Creator Mundi is the North American importer and
distributor for artwork from the Community of Bethlehem
. All pieces are individually hand finished
by the Sisters.Their creations radiate serene beauty.
View also the dolomite nativity sets (creches)
by the Sisters of Bethlehem.