The Fifth Glorious Mystery – Mary is Crowned as Queen of Heaven and Earth plaque is a beautiful depiction of Mary, now assumed body and soul into Heaven, being crowned as Queen of Heaven and Earth by her son, Jesus Christ. The Mary is Crowned as Queen of Heaven and Earth plaque is an especially fitting gift – as part of the complete set of 20 plaques of the Mysteries of the Rosary – for a parish, school, convent, retreat house, hospital, hospice, or monastery.
The Mary is Crowned as Queen of Heaven and Earth Plaque – A Lavish Labor of Love, Faith, and Hope
The Mary is Crowned as Queen of Heaven and Earth plaque is 8.25 inches high, 6.75 inches wide, and 1 inch thick. The cloistered religious sisters in a French monastery design, mold from dolomite stone and resin, and finish by hand every plaque in their atelier. Each sister of the community prayerfully completes an assigned task needed for finishing every plaque. How, where, and by whom the Mary is Crowned as Queen of Heaven and Earth plaque is created testifies to how profoundly ”culturally authentic” – and what a lavish labor of love, faith and hope – this plaque really is!
Mary – Queen of Heaven and Earth?
The solemn definition of the Fourth Glorious Mystery of the Rosary (The Assumption of Mary into Heaven) as a dogma of the Roman Catholic Church by Pope Pius XII in the Apostolic Constitution Munificentissimus Deus in 1950 was followed by the papal sanction of the Fifth Glorious Mystery of the Rosary (Mary is Crowned as Queen of Heaven and Earth), again by Pope Pius XII, in his encyclical Ad Caeli Reginam in 1954. And so the Catholic Church teaches that a human being – a mere peasant woman at that – not only was assumed body and soul into Heaven, but was also raised to the highest position possible below the Holy Trinity in Heaven for a human being (who is not Jesus). That Mary is “Queen of Heaven and Earth” means that God has indeed “brought down rulers from their thrones but has lifted up the lowly.” Mary, the humble maiden from Nazareth is from now on lifted up as she whom all generations will call blessed.
The Mysteries of the Rosary
JOYFUL MYSTERIES OF THE ROSARY
- The Annunciation of the Lord to Mary
- The Visitation of Mary to Elizabeth
- The Nativity of our Lord Jesus Christ
- The Presentation of Our Lord
- Finding Jesus in the Temple at age 12
SORROWFUL MYSTERIES OF THE ROSARY
- The Agony of Jesus in the Garden
- The Scourging at the Pillar
- Jesus is Crowned with Thorns
- Jesus Carries the Cross
- The Crucifixion of our Lord
GLORIOUS MYSTERIES OF THE ROSARY
- The Resurrection of Jesus Christ
- The Ascension of Jesus to Heaven
- The Descent of the Holy Spirit
- The Assumption of Mary into Heaven
- Mary is Crowned as Queen of Heaven and Earth
LUMINOUS MYSTERIES OF THE ROSARY
- The Baptism of Jesus in the Jordan
- The Wedding at Cana
- The Proclamation of the Kingdom
- The Transfiguration
- The Institution of the Eucharist