One of our most popular gifts for children, The Original Mealtime Prayer Cube helps your family slow down to give thanks; it is a great way to teach positive prayer habits to the kids. It is also known as a “table grace die” perfect for remembering to say grace at the dinner table. It’s a very popular gift for First Communion.
In today’s hectic environment, some of the simple acts that serve to center a family and cultivate gratefulness for the gifts we’re given seem to have fallen by the wayside. Now children of all ages can lead the family in prayer before each meal at home with the aid of one of our prayer cubes.
This prayer dice is made of birchwood and feels wonderful to the touch. So many religious items are made of plastic, but we prefer to honor our Lord with pieces of art made from noble materials.
- From time to time we receive cubes with medium to significant blemishes. Give us a call if you are interested in larger quantities at discount pricing for blemished cubes. Quantities vary at any given time.
A Perfect Christian Gift for Many Occasions and Settings
This Mealtime Prayer Cube makes a great First Communion gift, teaching prayers that orient children toward gratefulness and openness to the gifts sent by God. Church communities and youth groups can welcome new members with a loaf of bread and a Mealtime Prayer Cube. Senior centers, hospices, retreat houses and family restaurants might place a table grace die on each table. This is an enduring favorite, and makes a wonderful gift for helping teach the importance of gratitude and prayer as we partake of the fruits of God’s earth. It makes an ideal stocking stuffer.
Six Ways to Cultivate Gratefulness
Here are the six prayers, one on each side:
1. Bless our food, dear God we pray, and bless us, too throughout this day. Keep us safe and close to you. Keep us just in all we do. Amen.
2. We thank you, Lord, for generous hearts, for sun and rainy weather. We thank you, Lord, for drink and food, and that we are together. Amen.
3. For life and food, for love and friends, for everything Thy Goodness sends, Almighty God, we thank Thee. Amen.
4. Thank you for the earth so sweet. Thank you for the food we eat. Thank you for the birds that sing. Thank you, God, for everything! Amen.
5. God, bless this food we are about to receive. Give bread to those who hunger, and hunger for charity and justice to us who have bread. Amen.
6. Bless us, O Lord, and these Thy gifts which we are about to receive from Thy bounty, through Christ our Lord. Amen.
Search terms: stocking stuffer, stocking stuffers, prayers, cubes, die, dice, children